Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Chevron

Have you ever really noticed the chevron pattern? It's wildly popular and comes in many different colors. As I ponder the pattern, I notice the zig-zags, the peaks and valleys, the sharp v's. This can be a parallel to my life. Do you ever feel like you are on top of the world one minute, and take a sharp dive the next? As I watched my grandson play basketball at the state tournament, I was so elated and proud, caught up in the moment of victory with his team-only to turn around and start crying uncontrollably. The reason? A memory of my son playing at the state tournament stabbed my heart and slammed me down. How can so many conflicting emotions exist simultaneously? The human mind and heart are mysterious, marvelous, and cryptic. I'm thankful that the Creator opens His arms for me to run into no matter where I am on that chevron pattern, and that He fearfully and wonderfully made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment